College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
October 9, 2008
Members Present: J. Clifton, C. Cornett, H. Evensen, M. Gill, O. Jadaan, P. Jinkins, D. Kunz, J. McDonald, M. Meyers, P. Parker, L. Riedle, P. Sealy, R. Shultz
Visitor Present: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
Minutes from October 2, 2008 were not available for approval.
1. Dave announced that Tuba Bayraktar (UW-Fox Valley) had a baby boy.
2. Julia announced that Zia Uddin had a baby girl.
3. Mark announced that Civil and Environmental Engineering is advertising for a position.
4. Tammy said that UWP and the College of EMS had a successful Homecoming weekend. The Fish Fry went well as did the Electrical Engineering’s celebration. Chemistry will be honored next year.
1. GE 1030 – An extensive discussion took place with the issue being continued.
2. UUCC – Not discussed
3. Senior Valedictory Speaker – Lisa said she would be sending an email out to everyone in the College looking for “Senior Commencement Speaker” recommendations. The deadline is November 3rd. She also needs one faculty and one student to serve on the selection committee. This faculty and student will need to be available on Friday, November 7th.
4. International Survey for Graduates – Not discussed
1. Rich reminded everyone that Exemplary Faculty and Teacher Award nominees are due to the Dean’s Office by Monday, October 13th.
Meeting adjourned at 3:00 p.m.