College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
April 7, 2008
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, D. Kunz, W. Li, A. Masoom, M. Meyers, M. Muslu, R. Shultz, S. Wills
Absent: L. Riedle
Visitor Present: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
Minutes from March 31st were tabled.
1. Tammy – The two advising workshops went well. Almost 50 people attended between the two days. If anyone would like a copy of the advising survey that was handed out, please see Tammy.
2. Tammy – Expo went well and there was great attendance.
3. Tammy – The deadline for the Durrant dinner is Thursday, April 10th.
4. Abulkhair – The top candidate for the GE position verbally accepted.
5. Abulkhair – The ASEE meeting will be held this fall, October 17 and 18. The Abstract submission deadline is April 11, but it will be extended. Please share this with your faculty.
6. Dave – There will be a streaming video meeting soon and I will be contacting people.
1. Assessment Reports – Rich Shultz
Mark Meyers presented the summary for the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department.
Wei Li presented the summary for the Engineering Physics Program.
Chuck Cornett presented the summary for the Chemistry Program.
Mechanical and Industrial will present at the next meeting and Mathematics will be the following week.
2. Volunteer Recognition Dinner – Rich Shultz
Rich sent an email to everyone and will send it again reminding people to let the Foundation Office know the names of people who have volunteered for different things. The Foundation Office needs these names as soon as possible. This is a first time event.
A. Rich said the Civil and Environmental and General Engineering need to submit their Lab Utilization Forms.
B. Mesut presented a UUCC item; EE 4050 – Advanced Analog Electronics prerequisite change for approval. Joe made the motion to approve, Abulkhair seconded the motion. The motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 2:45 p.m.