College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
March 10, 2008
Members Present: J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, D. Kunz, A. Masoom, M. Meyers, M. Muslu, R. Shultz, S. Wills
Visitor Present: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
Approval of minutes from 2/4/08 and 3/3/08.
1. Chuck indicated that they have an offer out to candidate for the biochemistry position and interviewing for the other position.
2. Tammy informed everyone that the “Pioneering Your Future” event will be held this weekend. Alumni Association meeting was held on Saturday. Women in Engineering Advisory Board met last Friday.
3. Reminder that Shadow Committee is still in need to 16 people to assist with this event. Please get names to Julia Clark as soon as possible.
1. Grading—Mark shared that at UUCC meeting it became apparent that weighting of assignments and tests was not being done by some professors on campus. Discussion followed. Topic will be brought up at department level. Rich will review the faculty handbook and decide whether this will be a topic of discussion at the EMS faculty meeting.
2. UUCC—Mesut distributed information about the Renewables minor. This would be a university-wide minor of 24 credits. A comprehensive list of existing courses will be developed. Joe motion to accept this as a minor along with the three courses. Chuck seconded. Discussion followed. Motion carried.
a. Software Engineering Assessment—Joe distributed CS/SE assessment one-page summary. Compliments to the CS/SE department for a good job!
b. EXPO—Tammy indicated that the committee has sent out invitations to our “favorite” companies and invite them to join us at EXPO in our networking room.
Next scheduled meeting—March 31.
Assessment reports will be: Electrical Engineering and Civil & Environmental Engineering.
Meeting adjourned at 2:38 p.m.