Executive Council Minutes
April 30, 2007
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, D. St.John, S. Wills
Members Excused: S. Owusu-Ababio
Visitors Present: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
Minutes approved from 4/2/07 meeting.
1. Search and Screen updates
a. GE—first candidate interviewing today
b. Mathematics and Electrical Engineering done.
c. ME—offer out
d. CEP—Interviewing the 7th and 8th candidates.
e. CEE—offer out
2. Tammy reminded everyone that the Outstanding Advisor Award nominations are due this Friday.
3. The Minority and International Social is this week.
4. Award recipients for EMS Expo are posted. Response indicates that even more alumni are interested in returning to Expo next year. Engineering Physics won the department award.
5. Concrete Canoe group will be going to Nationals again this year.
6. Teresa Brunner, environmental engineering student, was presented the Student Leadership Award.
1. TSI—Chemistry and Mathematics are approved to the transfer list of this program. The numbers are very strong at this time with 320 accepted students to date of the anticipated 350 target.
Preliminary ABET Report—The response
for areas of concern within the Civil and Environmental disciplines will be
addressed and sent yet this week. Rich
indicated some areas of observation at the
a. Multi-disciplinary teams
b. Formal system for course feedback
c. Second Assistant Dean position
d. Number of faculty registered as professional engineers
Discussion of these topics took place.
3. UUCC—Motion by Joe and second by Mesut to approve the prerequisite changes to CEE 3030 to co-requisites. Motion carried.
4. Fall meeting time—please get your schedules to Rich asap so that a time can be selected.
a. Lisa requested that if you have individuals that you would like invited to the engineering building ground breaking ceremony that you get them to her asap.
b. If your department needs a copy of the senior exit surveys, please let Lisa and/or Jean know asap.