Executive Council Minutes
April 2, 2007
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, D. St.John, S. Wills
Members Excused: S. Owusu-Ababio, R. Shultz
Visitors Present: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
Minutes approved from 3/16/07 meeting.
1. Mesut announced that EE has filled their position.
2. ME Search & Screen has three candidate coming in for interviews.
3. CE’s candidate turned down the offer and therefore they will be bringing in one more candidate for an interview.
4. CEP’s fifth candidate will be coming in for an interview next week.
5. Tammy reminded everyone of the upcoming advising workshops.
6. Student Shadow Day is this Wednesday.
7. The National Instruments Workshop will be held on Monday, 4/9, from 2-5 p.m.
The commencement banner carrier for the
9. Reminder of International Night is scheduled for 4/21.
10. Lisa will forward information on NTT—a Japanese company—to everyone as they are interested in speaking to groups of individuals when they come to campus next semester.
Math 2 D’s and/or 2 F’s—Discussion was held regarding
making this a policy for
2. Minority Student Social—Approximately 75 students will attend this function and Tammy requested that each department support funding of this event at the $100 level.
3. Ottensman Hall Space Utilization—Lisa is still looking for names of individuals interested in this issue.
4. Student Employment Statistics—If there is no response to employment, then the individuals will be counted as unemployed. Max will share his form with other members of the Executive Council. Questions and discussion followed.
5. Remedial Mathematics Plan—Beginning in Fall 2007, first semester freshman would take Math 0100 and then take Math 0150 the second semester. Discussion followed.
6. Annual Report Articles—Dave VanBuren is looking for 6-8 articles for the annual report. Suggestions include: Mems/Nano minor, Concrete Canoe competition, GE Competition, Rock County Initiative, Fox Valley Scholarship, and masters program. Please get them to Lisa by 4/27.
a. Chuck requested that we set aside a common time for Executive Council meetings to be held so that when you schedule classes and labs, you may schedule around this time. For the Spring 2008 semester, we will be holding Executive Council meetings at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
b. Sick Leave reports need to be filed in a timely fashion. Colleague coverage needs to be reported. Discussion followed.