College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
February 12, 2007
Members Present:† M. Anderson, J. Clifton,† C. Cornett, M. Gill , P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, S. Wills
Absent:† M. Muslu, D. St.John
Sabbatical:† S. Owusu-Ababio
Excused:† R. Shultz
Visitors:† T. Salmon-Stephens, Dr. Mittie Nimocks
Minutes from February 5, 2007 were not available for approval.
1. Carol Bealís daughter, Cassie, is in the hospital in Madison.† If anyone is interested, the Deanís Office is collecting donations for gas money.
2. Lisa mentioned that Chairs need to submit their summary sheets for Tenure, Promotion, Inequity for the CRSTC meeting.
3. Lisa shared the UWP Minority Faculty Percentages by Department and UWP Women Faculty Percentages by Department.
4. Lisa passed out a handout on the Remedial Mathematics Plan and said this passed UUCC and the Advising Committee and will go into effect fall 2007.
5. Lisa said there is now a Faculty Award for Excellence in Service Learning. †If anyone is interested, the deadline is March 30th, 4:00 p.m.
6. Lisa shared the new policy on commencement apparel.† There is now a stole available for those students who have studied internationally.† If that student is an honor student, he/she will need to make a choice because they can not wear both stoles.
7. There was a discussion on what the departments did with letters to students who do not meet graduation requirements and do the departments follow-up.
8. Lisa said that the WHHEL Conference is going to be held on Friday, March 16th at UW-Baraboo.† Carol Sue Butts will fund up to five people from each College.† If anyone (men or women) is interested in attending, please let Lisa know by February 27th.
9. Student Shadow Day is scheduled for April 4th.† Lisa said they will need student mentors in the following majors: †chemistry, computer science, electrical, engineering physics, mechanical, general engineering.† She needs the names by spring break.
10. The first UWP/Fox Valley Engineering Scholarship was signed on Thursday, February 8th.
11. The College of EMS Assessment/Meet the Department Faculty breakfast is scheduled for tomorrow, February 13th at 8:45 a.m.
12. Tammy asked if anyone had discussed within their departments about Homecoming and rotating reunions.† No one has except Computer Science and Software Engineering want to schedule for this fall 2007 and Chemistry for 2009.
1. Dr. Nimocks visited with the faculty to ask for input on the UWP Liberal Arts programs Ethnic Studies and Womenís Studies.† She is looking for volunteers to develop and/or teach courses.
2. Dr. Nimocks also discussed with the faculty about the Honorís Program and on ways to improve the program.†
The meeting adjourned at 2:55 p.m.