College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
February 5, 2007
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, D. St. John, S. Wills
Members Excused: S. Owusu-Ababio, R. Shultz, M. Mesut, Tara Krueger, Stacie Dresing
Visitors Present: Tammy Salmon-Stephens, David Nevins, Cathy Lauinger
David Nevins addressed the group in respect to nominations for Leadership Awards. He outlined the general parameters for each award and indicated that the nominations are due by noon on 2/21. The awards ceremony will be held on Friday, April 27.
Tara Krueger and Stacie Dressing spoke to the members regarding the Tri-State Initiative. They are working on updates from each college with ideas of what is going on so that when they are recruiting for students they have the most recent information. Please email Tara with this information (email@example.com) by Friday, 2/9.
Lisa shared that the TSI numbers are up from last year.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting.
1. Kurt announced that the Governor recommended UW Platteville initiatives at both UW Fox Valley and UW Rock.
2. Max shared that Fox Valley Technical College would like to offer CE courses.
3. Gateway Technical College would also like to start a program for engineering students to complete two years there and then transfer to UW Platteville.
1. Longhorn Drive—Will be closed throughout the summer.
2. Engineering Building—Groundbreaking will take place May 14 or 15.
3. Scholars—Jane and Susan are available and interested in talking to your classes.
4. Students of Color—Up 41 applicants and up 63 admits compared to last year.
a. Ten new entering freshman scholarships available.
b. Library money—needs to be spent by 3/2. If you have extra money, please let Lisa know for the MOE program.
c. Alumni/Employer feedback survey—Please let Jean/Lisa know if you’d like labels.
d. Co-op Grades—They are waiting to be posted in the Registrar’s office. Please continue to check.
e. Chuck raised the issue of whether the hiring form 1 is uniform between departments. Discussion followed.