College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
December 7, 2006
Members Present:†††††††† M. Anderson, J. Clifton,† C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, D. St. John, S. Wills
Visitors Present:† Tammie Salmon-Stephens, Phil Young
Approval of minutes.
1. Interviews are being conducted by the Search and Screen committee for the CEP position.
2. Rich requested updates on the other Search and Screens going on in the College.
3. Steve Steiner will be giving his presentation tomorrow in Ottensman 144 from his sabbatical.
4. Rich and Lisa attended a meeting with international students looking at coming to UWP.† These students are part of the WESLI (Wisconsin English as a second language institution) program.
1. General Physics IIóPhil Young presented information regarding some upcoming changes to this course.† This will become a lecture/lab course with hands on experience throughout the lecture and will change to 5 credits.† Currently it is 4 credits of lecture and 1 credit of lab.† Phil is looking for people to review the proposed changes and provide feedback, concerns, questions, etc.† General discussion followed.† This item will be discussed at a future meeting in 2007.† Phil will email some requested information to the Executive Council members.
2. 10% Administration ReductionóRich indicated that the ME administrative support position vacated by Jerry Lolwing will be held and not posted at this time due to pending administration cuts.† General discussion followed as to what positions are classified as administration.† Within the College of EMS, these positions are the Dean, Tammie Salmon-Stephens, and all of the administrative support positions. ††