Executive Council Minutes
March 2, 2006
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, S. Owuso-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, D. St.John, S. Wills
Visitors: T. Salmon-Stephens
Minutes from February 23, 2006, were approved.
1. GE Report – Abulkhair Masoom
Abulkhair shared the summary of General Engineering Department Student Status Changes from October 2005 – February 2006. One thing that he pointed out to everyone was the increased number in General Engineering students at the beginning of their program, but then the number of graduates have decreased. Discussion was held.
2. Late Drop Form – Lisa Riedle
Lisa said that the numbers of students requesting late drops has been increasing in the past few years. Effective March 24, 2006, a form will be in used for dropping that was put in place approximately 12 years ago. This was an academic form and was presented to Student Senate on February 27, 2006. The form will be housed in the Dean’s Office of each College and also the Registrar’s Office. Any student wishing to drop a class is responsible for picking up the form, filling it out as directed, and dropping it off at the Dean’s Office of the College that the student is petitioning to drop a course. The Associate Vice Chancellor and Assistant/Associate Deans will meet regularly to review the drop applications.
3. Rez Fusion (A new electronic mock interview system) – Lisa Riedle
said that Rez Fusion is a new way to do mock interviews electronically and is
offered by the
4. Procurement Update – Rich Shultz
Rich announced that we can continue to use Cable Car for travel arrangements. You do not need to use the state credit card, but it is advisable to do so when using a rental vehicle because you are completely covered by the insurance.
Also, you are still required to use Grainger unless the total order is $25 cheaper from another source, then you can purchase from your source. If the item is not at least $25 less, but still cheaper than Grainger, you need to contact DOA. If you do not receive a response from DOA within five working days, you can order the item from your source. If the order is cheaper from Grainger, you must buy from Grainger!
5. EE 2210 – Circuit Modelling II - Prerequisite Change – Mesut Muslu
Discussion was held and a motion was passed to approve.
6. Electrical Engineering – Advanced MATH Electives – Mesut Muslu
MATH 2730 – Discrete Mathematics was added to the pool. Discussion was held and a motion was passed to approve.
Rich said that
3. Rich announced that the Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, March 31st. Since it will be the only Advisory Board Meeting before ABET comes, Rich asked if the Departments would like to utilize the board members for input/comments on programs. After discussion, it was decided that the breakout sessions would be by Department for assessment processing.
Meeting adjourned at 10:45 a.m.