Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
Executive Council Minutes
November 2, 2005
of previous meeting were distributed.
- Rich will be traveling to Houston next week to
raise foundation monies.
- Rich just returned from a visit
of South Florida
where he was looking at their ABET Accredited video streaming programs.
- Sweden would like to increase the
number of exchange engineers.
- Rich, Mittie Nimocks, Duane
Ford, and David Markee visited the Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology in Galway, Ireland. The Chancellor and Director signed an
international exchange agreement that would include the Colleges of EMS
- Doyle asked if Bioengineering is
still a topic for future options, and the answer is yes, but it is moving
- Opportunity Fund Proposals are due
to Richs office by Friday, November 4, 2005.
- Tammy announced that the Women
in Engineering Career Day was held Monday, October 31, 2005 and it went
- American Council of Engineering
Companies of Wisconsin (ACEC) has traveling display boards on Engineering
Excellence Awards. Does Platteville
want to get on the list?
- Mesut said that Rose Durni is
- Cathy Bronold, UW-Fox Valley, is currently on medical
leave and will be out for an unknown amount of time.
- The 33rd Annual Math
Contest is today (students will be available from 3:30-4:30 p.m., Velzy
- Platteville Residents have
indicated that brush needs to be moved back from the M to stairway for
visibility. Lisa will talk to Clyde about this.
- MATH 5230 Linear Algebra and
MATH 6050 Applied Statistics were presented by Sheryl Wills and Lisa
Riedle. The call letters will
change from MATH to MOE. Joe
motioned to accept. Chuck
seconded. Motion carried.
- GE 1320 Engineering Computer
Graphics was presented by Abulkhair Masoom. Chuck motioned to accept. Kurt seconded. Motion carried.
- MOE Degree Program Changes
[BSAD 5620 Financial Management (elective) and BSAD 5540 Quality
Management (elective)] were presented by Lisa Riedle to be dropped from
the program. Mohan motioned to
accept. Kurt seconded. Motion carried.
- Changes to MOE Engineering
Management Certificate Program were presented by Lisa Riedle. Mohan motioned to accept. Pat seconded. Motion carried.
- Co-ops 2.5 minimum GPA
Requirement was discussed. This
requirement needs to be added to catalogue course descriptions, and needs
to be presented to UUCC. A memo
will come from Rich. This will be
on the next College Faculty agenda.
- Tammy brought up that students
were having difficulty with password expirations. Can we edit the password process? Rich will look into this.
- The Expo Committee has a
student assisting them. Her name is
- Expo now has online
registration available for schools.