Engineering, Mathematics and Science
Executive Council Minutes
October 12, 2005
No minutes of previous meeting were distributed.
1. Abulkhair received a $25,000 grant from GE Medical to run a design competition.
2. Letter from Tim Zauche concerning the Belmont Bio Ag LLC was distributed.
1. Project Lead The Way—Lengthy discussion; asked EXPO committee to investigate.
2. GE Report—Discussion about low numbers of students in Chem 1450.
3. Assessment Breakfast—Decided to do again this spring semester.
4. Physics Minor changes—Approved requirement changes.
5. On-line Graduate Courses Enrollment—postponed to next meeting.
6. Other Business:
a. Number changes, 1 drop and 2 new courses in MOE were approved.
b. Stout—MEMS/Nano, Computer engineering collaboration possible.