Engineering, Mathematics and Science
Executive Council Minutes
September 28, 2005
No minutes of previous meeting were distributed.
1. Kurt announced that we are in the fourth year with the UW Fox Valley program. This December they will have their first 5 graduates and all will be coming to Platteville for commencement. There are eight people scheduled to graduate in May.
2. Tammy indicated that there are 50 participants in this year’s mentor program. The Progressive Dinner will be next Wednesday night. The College Advising meetings are set for Wednesday, October 26 at 1:00 p.m. in Otts 144 and Thursday, October 27 at 11:00 a.m. in Otts 140.
Next week, Tammy will be meeting with approximately 600
8th grade girls in
are two student receptions scheduled:
November 9th in
5. Lisa—Clarification of Commencement since it is listed twice in the student planner. Graduation will be December 17th.
6. Reminder of the Assessment breakfast on Thursday, September 29 at 7:15 a.m. in University North and South.
1. CEE 4620 Land Development and Planning—Max presented a new course for Environmental Engineering. Mesut motioned to accept. Kurt seconded. Motion carried.
2. ABET announcement—Discussion centered around upcoming ABET visit. Rough draft due by January 17, 2006. All documents will be prepared in MS Word.
3. UW Platteville Alumni Association Honorary Lifetime Pioneer Award—Please nominate individuals for this award.
4. UW Platteville Alumni Association Outstanding Alumnus Award—once again, please nominate individuals for this award.
Department Chairs Workshop—To
be held in November 7th in
6. Textbooks—get requests for Spring and Fall 2006 to Rich for review.
7. Same as number 6.
8. Announcement of student receptions covered by Abulkhair earlier in the meeting.
9. Wisconsin Teaching Fellow and Scholar Program—November 4th deadline to the Dean.
10. ME International Gathering and Mentors Assigned—discussion centered around the positive and active environment for their international students. If other faculty are interested in coordinating activities college-wide, please coordinate/contact John Iselin, Mike Momot, Kurt Rolle, and Lynn Schlager.
11. Computer Tech Support Schedule:
a. Monday: AM=CEE PM=CHEM
b. Tuesday: AM=College PM=EE
c. Wednesday: AM=EP PM=IE
d. Thursday: AM=meetings PM=ME
e. Friday: AM=Math PM=GE
GE and ME may switch. They will talk with Jim.
Announcement: Tom Starling will start with the
1. Tammy discussed Fall Career Day.
2. All chairs received email from Kari Dressens. Lisa will follow up.