MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, May 5, 2005 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, D. St.John, S. Wills
Visitor: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
1. Nominations for Advisors Award are due Friday.
2. SWE received Outstanding Student Organization Award.
3. Leah Hawkin received Outstanding Women of the Year Award.
4. Tammy will receive her MOE degree.
5. WIE summer camp will be held the last two weeks in July.
1. SAGE—Tammy provided an update on targeting engineering students and the need to offer a bridge course on an exceptional basis. She distributed physical development plan for the next six years along with TSI updates and residence hall update. SAGE will meet at 3:30 p.m. everyday after freshmen registration day for evaluation. The final meeting will be June 30 at 1:30 for assessment. Discussion followed.
2. MOE Courses—Lisa distributed information on the following MOE courses: CS Simulation Model of Engineering Systems, CEE 7230 LRFD Structural Steel; CEE 7280 Designing with Geosynthetics, and CEE 7290 Earth Retaining Structures. Discussion followed. Motion to approve by Joe Clifton and seconded by Abulkhair Masoom. Motion carried. Mesut motioned to drop 5810 and 5820 safety courses due to low enrollment over the past three years. Mohan seconded and motion carried.
3. UUCC—CE would like to add an emphasis in Municipal. All courses needed for this emphasis currently exist and there is no need to add any additional. Discussion followed. Motion by Mohan. Second by Lisa. Motion carried.
a. Math—Sheryl would recommend dropping graduate level courses. Discussion followed. Motion by Mesut. Second by Abulkhair. Motion carried.
b. No meetings scheduled throughout the summer. We will meet on an as needed basis. Please get your fall schedule to Carol asap so that a fall meeting time can be established.
Meeting adjourned at 12:40 p.m.