MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, April 28, 2005 Ė Ullrich
Members Present:†††††††† M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill,† P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio,† K. Rolle, R. Shultz, D. St. John
1. Abulkhair informed members that the copier in the GE office is ready to be recycled within the College if another department or group is interested.
2. There is a new faculty member hired in Industrial Engineering.†
3. Mesut announced that Jill Pamperin has established a scholarship within the EE Department.† Jill is an alumnus from UWP.
4. Congratulations to ASCE on their win at the regional Concrete Canoe competition.† They will be competing at nationals at Clemson sometime in June.
Max and Rich
attended the alumni gathering at
1. Senior Exit SurveysóRich distributed copies of the survey and asked that changes be made.† Return the copy with corrections/changes to Jean as soon as possible and provide the number of copies needed.† EP, CEE, CS/SE are already completed.
informed the EC members that BILSA has decided to change their gpa requirements for the Deanís List back to 3.5.† Discussion followed. †The group decided to leave the gpa requirement at 3.5 for the
Deanís List in the
3. SAGEóRich distributed handouts from Tammy.† This item was tabled until next meeting when Tammy can be in attendance.
4. Cultural CompetenceóRich lead a discussion on the importance of understanding cultures and not just bringing in different cultures and how this will improve the competency of our graduates.† Discussion followed.
a. Rich reminded everyone that ABET is less than 1 year away for sending in the self study reports.† Discussion followed.† Be sure to use assessments to make changes and continually assess your curriculum and program.†
b. Abulkhair requested placement data from departments so that this information can be updated.
Meeting adjourned at 12:31 p.m.