MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Thursday, April 14, 2005 – Ullrich
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, C. Cornett, M. Gill, P. Jinkins, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, K. Rolle, D. St. John, S. Wills
Visitors: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
that the Plexus reception in
2. Max indicated that Gilbert Construction wants to send money to the CEE Depatment in support and recognition of our graduates.
3. Mohan invited everyone to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony for Ullrich Hall at 12:30 tomorrow.
4. The CS/SE Advisory Board meeting next Thursday and therefore Mohan and Joe will be absent from EC meeting.
5. Tammy wanted everyone to know that the auto enroll feature is now operational. There was a general discussion about this feature.
6. Nominations are being solicited for the Academic Advisor Award.
7. Chuck announced that the Electronic Undergraduate Research Journal application deadline has been extended until 4/29.
8. A chemistry seminar on proteins will be held this afternoon in Ottensman 144 at 4 p.m.
1. Enrollment Update for Fall 2005—Rich indicated that there have been 2,248 admits. There are 1,096 new freshmen as well as 211 TSI freshmen that have already paid their deposit for the fall semester.
2. Facilities Update—Residence hall will be started very soon as the design is completed and bids are out. They will be breaking ground sometime in May. The stadium and track will also be started in May. Ullsvik is targeted to begin 1/06 with completion Fall 2007. The engineering building should be completed by Spring 2008.
3. Tornado drill—There will be a tornado drill on Thursday, 4/21, at 1:30 p.m. Everyone is strongly encouraged to participate in this drill.
a. Faculty evaluations schedules are due in by April 18.
b. Schedule for Pioneer Passages—Mid to end of June.
c. Engineering program issue—Rich indicated that all degree granting departments need to assist in the teaching of GE courses and should be in communication with Abulkhair about the flexibility in scheduling the courses. Discussion followed.
Meeting adjourned at 12:32 p.m.