COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Friday, April 30, 2004 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: Mohan Gill, Rob Hasker, Mesut Muslu, Kurt Rolle, Rich Shultz, Jerome Wilson
Guests Present: Frank Steck, Bill McBeth
1. Chemistry search is going as expected. No hires at this time.
2. GE made a hire. Rich indicated that all tenure track positions for the College of EMS have been filled at this time.
3. A reminder from Tammy that Academic Advisor awards are due by May 7th.
4. EMS Alumni Awards are due by May 31st. Applications can be found outside of Tammy’s office.
1. Add/Drop Advisor Approval—Rich indicated that on-line registration will affect this procedure within our College. Discussion was held. This will be brought back to the next meeting for further discussion.
2. July 19 Add/Drop timeline—Concerns were raised that continuing students should have the opportunity for add/drop earlier than July 19th. Discussion was held and Rich will take concerns back to the next Academic Affairs meeting.
3. Feedback on Web page proposed guidelines—Rob shared concerns regarding these proposed guidelines. He would also like to appropriate governance group to discuss this issue.
1. External Grants—Rich would like to discuss this at the next Executive Council meeting. A suggestion was made that experienced grant writers assist new faculty in writing grants.
2. Further discussion was held on Project Lead The Way. Rich requested that individuals give the idea some thought and we’ll discuss at the next meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 9:53 a.m.