COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Friday, April 23, 2004 - Ottensman 149
Members Present:††††††††††† M. Anderson, C. Cornett, M. Gill, R. Hasker, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, S. Wills, J. Wilson
Visitors:††††††††††† ††††††††††† Tammy Salmon-Stephens
1. Tammy shared that Samantha Hawkerman, a UWP student, received a $3000 scholarship and summer internship from FIG Consultants.†
2. Jerome indicated that Physics has completed the search for a physicist with the successful hire of a female candidate.† Interviews for the Chemistry academic staff position will commence next week.
3. Abulkhair indicated that GE has made a verbal offer to a candidate.
4. Rich informed everyone that the UW Janesville Initiative was vetoed by the Governor yesterday in a closed session.† Discussion followed.
1. Graduate Council submissionsóRich distributed copies of changes as follows:† MIE 7440 (course description change), MIE 7300 (course description change), and MIE 7430 (course description change) and the dropping of MIE 7130.† Mohan motion to approve these changes.† Abulkhair seconded.† Discussion followed.† It was suggested that the statements of software requirements be moved to the textbook description area.† These changes were acceptable and will be made prior to moving them forward.†
2. Undergraduate coursesóHandouts were disseminated regarding the changes to ME 3720 and the additional 1 hour of course instruction that will be included for this course.† Max motioned.† Sam seconded.† Discussion was held.† Following discussion, it was decided to table this change and to take ME changes forward to UUCC as a packet.† Motioned by Mesut. Seconded by Jerome.† Motion carried.
3. Web pagesóRich handed out a DRAFT copy of changes to the web pages and possible guidelines for the campus.† Discussion was held and it was decided that Dan Frommelt should be invited to an Executive Council meeting to discuss the W3C accessibility requirements.
1. Tammy reminded everyone that the WEP Summer Institute will be held July 18-23 and July 25-30.† She shared an update of registrations at this time.
2. Kurt asked a question regarding the Senior Exit Survey.† Discussion followed.
Meeting adjourned at 9:52 a.m.