COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Friday, April 9, 2004 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: Max Anderson, Mohan Gill, Rob Hasker, Abulkhair Masoom, Mesut Muslu, Lisa Riedle, Kurt Rolle, Sheryl Wills
1. ME hired two faculty—1 for the Fox Valley and 1 for UWP.
2. Four computer science students attended a programming conference in Omaha. They placed second out of 43 teams in the first contest and placed fourth and fifth out of 38 teams in the second contest.
3. GE will be bringing in their second candidate on the 13th.
1. CEE 7100 Dynamics of Structures—This is a new course for the MOE program. Motion to approve by Max and second by Rob. There were suggested changes to the pre-requisite section and Max will discuss their changes with Matt Roberts (course developer).
2. ME 7130 Control Systems Engineering—This is a new course for the MOE program also. Motion to approve by Max and second by Abulkhair. There was a request for clarification regarding the requirement of an undergraduate controls course. This request was referred to the course developer (Mike Momot).
3. Review of ME 3720—Discussion of the need for programming within the ME requirement. There was a discussion regarding the need for comparison of the new curriculum vs. the old course curriculum. Kurt will bring back more information regarding the course syllabus.
4. Open discussion regarding review of graduate courses.
Other Business: None