Executive Council Minutes
February 13, 2004
9:00 a.m. - Ottensman 149
Present:††††††††††† Max Anderson, Charles Cornett, Mohan Gill, Rob Hasker, Jaime Hernandez, Abulkhair Masoom, Mesut Muslu, Kurt Rolle, Tammy Salmon-Stephens, Jerome Wilson, Sheryl Wills, Rich Shultz, Sam Owusu-Ababio
Meeting brought to order at 9:00 a.m.
Announcements:††††††††††† Chemistry has had an acceptance for their tenure track position.
††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Math has an offer out.† (They accepted after the meeting.)
††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† CE is bringing three people in during the next 10 days.
††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ME is reviewing and reducing their list of candidates.
1. The new Instructional Academic Staff student evaluation guidelines were distributed and discussed.
2. A teaching conference announcement was distributed.† The Vice Chancellorís office will pay for five faculty members to attend.† Nominations must be to Lisa by February 19.
3. A placement report is being forwarded to the Chairs.† They are to review the data and update any errors that might exist.
4. Departments were reminded of the assessment mission and outcomes deadline of March 10 as well as the assessment measurements and tools deadline of April 28.
5. The use of room 045 was discussed.† It was decided that all faculty meetings should try and use other rooms in the building first.† If accommodations cannot be found, then Tammy should be contacted to see if room 045 is available.
6. A copy of the new building report was distributed.† Members were asked to read the document and discuss any concerns with the Dean.
1. Tammy reported that the Expo committee was alive and working well.† Things look good for a great Expo.
Adjournment at 9:51 a.m.