Executive Council Minutes
November 19, 2003
11:00 a.m. - Ottensman 149
Present:††††††††††† Lisa Riedle, Max Anderson, Charles Cornett, Mohan Gill, Rob Hasker, Jaime Hernandez, Abulkhair Masoom, Mesut Muslu, Kurt Rolle, Tammy Salmon-Stephens
Meeting brought to order at 11:00 a.m.
Minutes of November 5, 2003 meeting approved as distributed.
Announcements:††††††††††† Mike Ira is doing better.
Tammy indicated that the EXPO Committee is moving forward.
1. Muslu presented and explained curriculum changes for EE.† EE 3750 and EE 3760 are to be deleted and replaced by EE 3770 and EE 3780 beginning in the Fall 2004 subject to approval.†† Moved by Rob Hasker to approve the documents and seconded by Abulkhair Masoom.† All indicated approval.
2. Hasker presented and explained curriculum changes proposed for Software Engineering, effective Fall 2004 subject to appropriate approvals.
- Change in Software Engineering Major
- Change in CS Computer Technology Emphasis
- Change in CS Minor
- Change in Prerequisites for SE 2730
- New Course Proposal for SE 3330
Moved by Max Anderson and seconded by Mesut Muslu to approve the documents.† All indicated approval.
3. Abulkhair Masoom presented information that the speech requirement can be satisfied by Speech 1010, Speech 2250, or Speech 3250.† This should be indicated on the department program check sheets.
4. Lisa Riedle distributed the latest Senior Exit Questionnaire for each program.† Any revisions need to be given to Lisa before Wednesday, November 26, 2003.
5. Hasker indicated a concern for an explicit policy statement regarding what students, who are logged on to computers in labs, should do in the case of an emergency alarm.† The appropriate bodies may want to address this issue.
6. Hasker also reported that in future ABET visits and reviews of programs more detailed documentation may need to be compiled to indicate how students satisfy the program requirements.
7. Lisa distributed a document listing the faculty teaching awards for the past five years.† She asked that each Chair look it over, edit, and return to the Deanís Office by Friday, November 21, 2003.
8. Lisa indicated that the electronic employer surveys did not return in a frequency as great as the previous hard copies and using the mail service.† This survey is an assessment tool that has been used by each program.† Max Anderson described the procedure that the CEE Department will be using this year.† It was decided that each Department will determine how they will survey alumni and employers.† Each Department will notify the Deanís Office how their assessment will be conducted.
Adjournment at 11:51 a.m.