COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, M. Gill, R. Hasker, J. Hernandez, J. Hamilton, A. Masoom, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, S. Wills, P. Young
Visitors: Tammy Salmon-Stephens and 3 individuals from Business class
1. Mesut announced that they have an acceptance letter for their faculty position for fall.
2. Computer Science positions have also been filled.
3. Chemistry has one individual coming in for an interview.
4. Wilheim Schaefer visited UWP this past week regarding accrediting the program with Darmstadt University.
5. Tammy reported that the WEP Career Day was a success. There were 140 participants along with 30 parents. She also indicated that there was an increase in nominations for the Outstanding Advisor Award and shared an article regarding a tool workshop.
6. Lisa announced that the MOE program has two graduates.
1. ABET Assessment—Reports have been received. We need to always review and make appropriate assessment changes. Max reported that weaknesses had been resolved for the Environmental Engineering program. Comments and discussion followed.
2. University Assessment—Rich indicated that this will be coming up next year at the university level. Plans will be submitted to APC for program assessment.
3. Computer purchases—A discussion was held regarding the 2 year purchase plan through OIT.
4. Academic Staff hires—Approval to process and get them to Rich as soon as possible.
5. GE1030—Encourage faculty to work on inter-disciplinary module together over the summer and ready to go in January 2004. Discussion followed. Get recommendations to Joanne Wilson by Friday.
1. Visitors from Switzerland will be here on Wednesday.
2. Class waiting lists were requested by Rich.
3. Ottensman Hall remodeling project will meet with chairs on Tuesday at 2:00 p.m.
4. Sloan Foundation—This education funding group would like to see undergraduate on-line degrees in EE, ME, or CE. Discussion needs to take place with decision to the Chancellor sometime during the summer.
5. Articles for annual report are due to Lisa by Friday.
Meeting adjourned at 2:40 p.m..