COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, April 22, 2003 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, M. Gill, R. Hasker, J. Hernandez, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, S. Wills, P. Young
Visitors: Tammy Salmon-Stephens
1. Rich announced Faculty College: EMS can nominate two participants.
2. Mohan announced one faculty hired and another candidate coming in tomorrow.
3. Mesut announced a verbal acceptance of an offer to a candidate.
4. Tammy announced that the Career Day is full. We had to turn 20 people away. She is getting lots of help from faculty.
5. Rich announced that the PeopleSoft version 8 conversion will take place on Memorial Day weekend. The network is also going to be down and unavailable on June 2 and 3.
1. Assessment—Tom LoGuidice gave a presentation on assessment.
2. UUCC—Abulkhair presented three courses with a change in prerequisites because of changes in GE 1020 to GE 1000 and GE 1030. Motion passed.
3. MOE—Credit for Life Experience—This topic was again review from our previous discussion. Motion to support the policy was passed.
4. International Delegations—Lisa reminded everyone of the delegations from Weindeshiem, Netherlands and Stavanger, Norway visiting this week and next week.
5. Chalkboards—Please remind faculty to erase boards when finished with class. The Executive Council made a motion and passed unanimously that having a dirty board is not a legitimate reason for canceling class.
1. Tammy asked for suggestions for a different date for Career Day in the Fall. Moving it to October 27 was suggested.
2. Lisa requested articles for the annual report.
3. A discussion was led by Rich about the remodeling of and addition to Ottensman Hall.