COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, November 11, 2002 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, M. Gill, R. Hasker, J. Hamilton, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, S. Wills, P. Young
1. UUCC Changes—Changes and action follow.
a. Chemistry 4820 and Chemistry 4130 have course description changes. Rob motion and Kurt second. Motion carried.
b. EE 3310 and ME 4330 cross listed course—Course description and pre-requisites changed to match. Rob motion to accept. Mohan second. Motion carried.
c. GE 2220, GE 2230, and GE2340 were changed to reflect a grade of C or better in GE 2130. Max motion. Jim second. Discussion followed. Vote was: 3 in favor, 3 opposed, 1 abstention. The motion carried with the Assistant Dean voting in favor of the motion and recommendation that the discussion continue at the department level.
d. ME 4800, ME 4520, ME 3330 and ME 3030 changes were discussed by Kurt. EE 3310 will also be listed as a co-requisite for ME 4830. Phil motion to approve with changes as outlined. Abulkhair second. Motion carried.
e. MOE course—Design for Manufacturability outline and course description was distributed. Mohan motion and Jim second to approve. Discussion followed. Question was raised regarding “consent of instructor” and motion was modified to delete this statement as the class limit is currently set at 20 students. Motion carried.
2. JIM program—Rob distributed copies of the entitlement to plan document. Discussion followed. Mesut motion and Sam second. Motion carried.
3. Post Tenure Review—Please get your department process to Lisa by November 27.
4. Lisa reminded everyone to get their department/program representative to her for the Employer/Alumni survey. Meetings will be scheduled after the new year and prior to the semester beginning.
5. Math 6050—Applied Statistics is a new course title. The course catalog description also changes to reflect that this course is to be taken by the MOE or Project Management students.
6. Public Relations—Michelle Erickson has requested that we supply her with senior stories that feature our graduates. This can include anything from graduate school to awards. Send these articles to either Lisa or Michelle.
7. Phone Etiquette—Just a reminder to be friendly and courteous on the phone and use proper etiquette.
Meeting adjourned at 3:55 p.m.