COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, D. Ellestad, J. Hernandez, J. Hamilton, J. Krogman, L. Riedle, R. Shultz, P. Young
Vistors: T. Salmon-Stephens
Minutes from the April 24, 2002 meeting were approved as distributed.
1. Disposal of Library InformationóDiscussion of current resources vs. new resources was held. If resources are available on-line or microfiche, then the paper copy should be eliminated. The consensus of the group was to try to stay away from having departmental libraries with only exceptional cases being handled. It was also the consensus of the group that they would like access to current materials. John will carry forth our issues and concerns.
John will also invite John Musselman to our next meeting to cover usage of the engineering index.
2. Exemplary facultyóDeadline for applications is May 5, 2002.
3. GrantsóRich distributed information on grants submitted and funded. Congratulations to all of those individuals contributing to this effort.
4. Fact SheetsóLisa distributed copies of the departmental fact sheets. General discussion followed. There will be some standardization of certain part of each of these sheets.
5. Grade PostingóThere appears to have been some problems with grades not being posted in student folders promptly. Discussion followed.
6. John is looking for a classroom on MWF at 9 or 12 that hold 30-40 students. He is willing to make a swap.
Meeting adjourned at 10:37 a.m.