COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, April 10, 2002- Ottensman 149
Members Present: D. Ellestad, J. Hernandez, J. Hamilton, J. Krogman, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon-Stephens
1. Search and Screen update: SE candidate declined offer. Statistics candidate is coming in for interview on Tuesday. CEE candidate will be here next Friday. John Krogman indicated that the search for the GE position has produced only 5 applications at this time.
2. Rich reminded everyone of the importance of making sure that the students and faculty lock up for labs and office doors upon leaving the building at night.
3. Commencement banner—The College of EMS has four qualified candidates with a gpa of 4.0 to carry the banner in the commencement ceremony. Two from Mathematics, one from Mechanical Engineering, and one from Chemistry. They will share this honor.
1. Textbooks—Rich reminded everyone that money for textbooks now comes from the College budget. The textbook form needs to be thoroughly completed in the future so as to indicate the number of textbooks needed for each class, the price of the textbook, the ISBN, etc.
2. Senior Exit Surveys—Lisa distributed a copy of the survey to the respective departments. Please indicate any changes and number of copies to Lisa within the next week. Rich reminded departments to review ABET goals and objectives along with these surveys.
3. Kurt questions renting a storage space for keeping projects such as Baja, snowmobile, etc. Rich will ask this question of the appropriate people at an appropriate time.
Meeting adjourned at 10:30 a.m.