COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, D. Ellestad, J. Hernandez, J. Hamilton, J. Krogman, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, P. Young
Vistors: T. Salmon-Stephens
1. Everyone should come prepared to rework the Facts Sheets at the next Council meeting
2. EE has a signed contract for the tenure-track position
3. Mexican University wants to visit UWP in June
4. Tammy reminded everyone that the Career Day is Friday with over 100 girls signed up.
5. Rich announced that the visit to Cork Institute of Technology was very successful. Cork is ready for students immediately. Cork students coming to UWP may be looking to co-op.
Minutes from April 3 and April 10 were approved as distributed
1. Admissions is preparing a brochure with brief description of all majors. Lisa requested that each department review what she has prepared and shorten the descriptions to one paragraph by Friday.
2. Classes must be cancelled 11-1 on Tuesday, April 30 by action of both the Chancellor and the Faculty Senate.
3. Rich requested that each chair meet with him about the status of the 2001-2002 budget sometime today.
4. Lisa still needs project names and pictures for Order of the Engineer.
5. Rich asked each program to review class enrollments for next fall. If possible, combine sections or close sections with low or moderate enrollment. The Provost has requested justification for all sections under 20.