COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Friday, April 6, 2001- Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S. Owusu-Ababio, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
The minutes were approved as distributed.
- Two chemistry positions have been hired.
- Mathematics has a verbal acceptance for one position.
- ESE is making an offer this afternoon.
- IE has an offer out to a candidate
- Rick Tufte reminded everyone to return the survey forms for mathematics.
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholarship recipient is a mathematics student.
- Rich announced that there was a tie between a mathematics and civil engineering student
for the honor of carrying the EMS banner for commencement.
1. Bob Schatz, Coordinator of Corporate Relations, will be coordinating the Iowa Alumni
Gathering. He is also interested in obtaining names from our college of people that are
interested in Intellectual Property issues. A meeting with WiSYS is being scheduled.
Names of interested individuals were suggested to Rich.
- Rich requested that all departments take a digital picture of faculty and support staff to be
included in the CD yearbook. Pictures need to be to Carol no later than Monday, April
- Contributions to the Foundation have been received in the Dean's Office. This
information will be shared with the departments.
There will be no meeting next week (April 13).
Meeting adjourned at 3:17 p.m.