COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Friday, January 19, 2001- Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S. Owusu-Ababio,
K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from December 4, 2000 were approved as distributed.
- Rich informed everyone that there is a new yellow card for Co-ops, Internships,
Independent Studies. It is very important that the Co-op and Internship be signed
ONLY by Lisa Riedle. Department chairs should only be signing this card for
independent study purposes.
- Overhead projectors-Faculty need to be reminded to leave projectors in their assigned
rooms and not borrow from other classrooms. If there is a problem with a projector,
please come to the Dean's Office.
- Capital Budgets-Due into Rich no later than February 1, 2001.
- Faculty teaching loads-Due into Rich shortly after the tenth day of classes (January 29).
- John reminded everyone that pre-requisites are not checked at this time by the
computer. He asked that faculty be reminded to check pre-requisites.
- FE applications are available in the Dean's Office. An e-mail will be sent to all faculty.
Application deadline is February 16, 2001.
- Rick Tufte expressed appreciation to the Registrar's office staff for accommodating
classroom changes. They have been very helpful.
- Student Organization file cabinet keys-Extra keys to the file cabinets will be distributed
to the department offices. Tammy also asked that organizations be reminded to get
everything out of room 45 since remodeling will begin as soon as a campus planner is
- Brown Bag Advising Sessions-Tammy asked is there was any interest in holding this
type of session for the College of EMS faculty. There was consensus that it would be
helpful and should be done in Ottensman.
- CIF proposals-Dean Shultz distributed CIF proposals and asked that everyone review
them for appropriateness of the College mission. If you have questions or concerns,
please direct them to Rich. This will be an agenda item for next meeting.
- PURF proposals-The deadline is February 28. Guidelines were distributed.
- Ottensman 105-A discussion was held regarding scheduling classes in this classroom.
If this classroom is specifically needed for teaching a particular class, it needs to be
noted when schedules are submitted to the Dean's Office. Jim Wiese will do group
training of equipment in Ottensman 105 every semester.
- Professional Development Plans-Please submit plans to Dean Shultz for your faculty
indicating the actual outcomes for this year and goals for next year.
- Special Course Fee forms-An updated form was distributed. The only change is that
the form no longer needs to go to the Registrar's Office.
- There was concern regarding the high temperature in Ottensman 116. Rich indicated
that Larry Pink should be contacted with this concern and that he was very
accommodating with these requests.
- Tammy distributed information on National Engineers Week - Introduce a Girl to
Engineering Day! Discussion followed.
Meeting adjourned at 3:30 p.m.