COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, November 27, 2000 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon and Alma Valencia
The minutes from November 20, 2000 were approved as distributed.
Lisa introduced Alma Valencia to everyone. Alma has been hired as the computer support technician
for the College. Welcome Alma!
- EIC Upgrade-The EIC is scheduled to be upgraded this summer. Rich asked that everyone
consider what their needs were specific to the EIC. There was some discussion held about
changing the number of people per station, removing the modesty panel, purchasing tower
computers and larger monitors, etc. This discussion will continue at a later meeting.
- Transmittal of EC agenda and minutes-Everyone agreed to electronic transmittal of the
Executive Council agenda and minutes. This change will take place immediately.
- Senior Exit Evaluations-Lisa distributed copies of the senior exit evaluations specific to each
program. She asked that any changes be forwarded to her no later than Monday.
- Order of the Engineer-A general invitation will be sent to all engineering faculty encouraging
them to participate in this ceremony.
- Rich asked for a representative from the Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and General
Engineering departments for the Engineering Science Expo Committee.
- Lisa reported that Dick Schumacher reported to her that applications are up to 536 to date.
Visits are being planned for schools in Wisconsin particularly in the Milwaukee area starting in
- Dave Ellestad asked what the policy was for disseminating our graduates names and
addresses to graduate programs that call us. Discussion followed. Rich will check into this
issue and respond back.
- Jill asked about students going to Ireland. Everything is set to go and the student will be
purchasing his ticket this afternoon.
- Max asked about more access to PeopleSoft information. Rich said that he would look into
the time frame for departments to receive training. It was mentioned that Access training is
beneficial prior to the PeopleSoft training.
- Fred asked if the prerequisites are being checked this semester by PeopleSoft after/during
registration. This will not happen until summer.
- Tammy asked for an update on closed classes.
- Rich asked for a written response to underenrolled courses.
Meeting adjourned at 2:50 p.m.