COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, October 16, 2000 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, L. Riedle, K.
Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from October 9, 2000 were approved as distributed with one correction.
- John Krogman reminded everyone of the scholarship reception from 4:00-6:00 p.m. this
Thursday in the Beaux Arts room of the Ullsvik Center.
- Dave Ellestad reminded everyone that after the scholarship reception they could attend
the ASPE program at The Timbers beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Mentor Center-Tammy requested that the student organizations get their "stuff" out of
Ottensman 045. This room is scheduled to have remodeling done. It was decided that
the room will be cleared out within two weeks.
- Registration-The academic advising reports will be filed in the student folders by
Friday, October 20. Registration is scheduled to begin October 30.
- ABET-The Dean requested that everyone inform him no later than Tuesday where the
course work information will be located for each program. Discussion was held
regarding rooms (locking and unlocked), building hours, etc. and it was decided that
Rich would coordinate this and also alert campus police. It was also decided that Rich
would also request that Greg Bies be on standby for the ABET visit.
- Lisa requested that the department recruitment plans be turned in to her.
- Any changes to the college catalog need to be turned in the Lisa no later than
- Beth Molesworth has requested that faculty respond to a request for visiting
Community and Technical Schools. She has outlined the dates for this semester and
Lisa reminded individuals to contact Beth at 1125.
- John Krogman distributed placement numbers.
- Rick informed everyone that the math placement test will no longer be done through the
Mathematics Department. He asked that everyone be patient with the Test Center
during the transition.
- Tammy expressed an advising concern. She would like faculty reminded to have some
type of assessment prior to the drop/add session.
There will not be an Executive Council meeting next week due to the ABET visitation.