COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, October 2, 2000 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S.
Owusu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from September 25, 2000 were approved as distributed.
- Tammy indicated that she will be attending a regional meeting in Oshkosh regarding
the NSF Gender Equity in SMET Program. If anyone else is interested in attending,
please contact Tammy.
- A discussion was held regarding the recent sick leave reports that were distributed by
payroll. Everyone should have received an e-mail that indicated that one report was
incorrect but they need to still sign and return it.
- Max informed others that he produced an ABET transcript analysis form that he was
willing to share with the other departments.
- Parking permits-Rich indicated that the College of EMS will receive a 400 allocation
this year to purchase parking permits. A share of these permits will be given to each
- Each department will need to purchase the proper transparencies for the color printer in
the Dean's office if they choose to use this machine. Please contact Carol or Jean for
the correct information.
- Scholarships-The procedure for notification to the students that they have received a
scholarship(s) was discussed. Max expressed some concern about the procedure in
general and lack of money being applied to the tuition bill or the students being
properly notified. Rich will check with the Foundation and report back to the
- Scholarship Ceremony-The Scholarship Ceremony has been moved to Thursday,
October 19 from 4-6 p.m. in the Beaux Arts. Dave Ellestad suggested that after the
Scholarship Ceremony, people should consider coming to the WSPE Banquet at The
Timbers. The program is "Structures and Explosions" and he will distribute more
information by the end of the week.
- Rich asked for senior design projects that are currently being done. He will be talking
to the phone operators for the phone-a-thon and would like to mention some projects
that the College is involved in.
- Tammy asked if there was any interest in teaching a History of Engineering, Science
and Mathematics. Dave Kaul, President of EMS Alumni Association, thought this
might be a worthwhile course. Discussion followed. Jill and Tammy will do some
follow up on this subject and report back to the council.
- Joe asked about the senior design common time for the Spring 2001 semester. Lisa
informed him that it was scheduled for 4 p.m. on Thursdays with a location to be