COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, September 25, 2000 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S.
Owusu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from September 25, 2000 were approved as distributed with one correction. The
actual cost of a portrait for the Alumni recognition is $190 each.
- Opportunity Fund guidelines were distributed. There is a deadline of October 13 to the
- Technology Video Transfer Conference relating to patenting and procedures was
distributed to everyone.
- Phil Young raised a question regarding the upgrading of classrooms 140, 144 and 222.
Dean Shultz indicated that this upgrade is scheduled for Summer 2001. Rick Tufte
once again asked about upgrading Gardner Hall. Dr. Shultz informed him that this
topic is always on his list.
- Rich asked if everyone had been contacted by their ABET inspector. He indicated that
those that have not been contacted should initiate contact and ask what can be done to
accommodate them during their upcoming visit to Platteville
- Student Leader Recognition-Tammy wanted to bring this issue to everyone's attention.
She indicated that even the smallest recognition now could benefit UW-P for years. It
is a very nice way to say "thanks" and also strengthen a leadership relationship.
- Dean Shultz indicated that the Chancellor had contacted him regarding a conversation
that he had with UW-Stout Chancellor concerning offering an electrical engineering
degree in the Chippewa Valley region. Discussion followed. There was consensus that
Rich should pursue a discussion with Chancellor Markee and the UW-Stout Chancellor.
- Rich reminded everyone that the Advisory Board meeting will be held this Friday,
- Lisa informed the Executive Council that Shane Thoms resigned his position. His last
day will be this Friday. She has already received permission to advertise to fill this