COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Monday, September 18, 2000 - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S.
Owusu, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from September 13, 2000 were approved as distributed.
- Kurt Rolle asked about the $1.00 parking fee for visitors. Discussion followed and
Rich indicated that this discussion was going to be continued at the next cabinet
meeting and he would provide an update. Anyone with an opinion regarding this policy
should provide it to Steve Zielke before next week.
- Rich asked that the Student Organizations be reminded that they have mailboxes in the
Dean's Office and they should check them on a regular basis.
- The German delegation has indicated that they are ready to begin the process of
exchange for the upcoming semester.
- Dean Shultz indicated that he had also been in contact with Ireland regarding our
exchange program there.
- STEPS program-This discussion was continued from the last meeting regarding
funding, students, staff, etc. The consensus was to not take on this opportunity at this
time but to continue to concentrate our resources and efforts on the current programs
offered at UW-P.
- Software Engineering UUCC changes-Joe Clifton spoke to changes in this proposal.
The changes are: 1) Page 32-delete 7F and add Math 403 as a required course; 2)
Remove Technical Writing from the curriculum; and 3) Decrease the number of
technical electives from 6 credits to 3 credits. John Krogman made a motion to approve
the UUCC proposal with these changes. Kurt Rolle seconded. Discussion followed.
- Dean Shultz disseminated a copy of the College Day vision for community members
and asked that each department discuss these ideas. He feels that this is a good
opportunity to share and gather input for all individuals throughout our College.
- Anderson Consulting will be in Platteville this Friday and has requested individuals to
join them for dinner at The Timber at 6 p.m.
- Max asked for an update on PeopleSoft. Rich indicated that training went well and
results will be forthcoming.
- Tammie sought information from departments regarding the Alumni Board and
obtaining photos to be hung in the hallways of Ottensman for recognitions of Emeriti
faculty. The criteria is listed on the EMS web page. The expense of a photo is
approximately $95 each. There was consensus to support the Alumni Board's efforts in
getting this project up to date.