Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S. Owusu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from April 17, 2000 were approved as distributed.
1. The ESE Department received the John Deere grant for $15,000 for a Radio Frequency Laboratory.
2. UW System Institute of Global Studies for faculty and staff development is October 29-31 in Lake Geneva. The Vice Chancellor will cover the cost of two or three people from UW-Platteville to attend.
3. Max distributed copies of the ABET program evaluation worksheet. A discussion followed regarding the order of presentation within the self study and if it should coincide with the worksheet.
4. Rich announce the ground breaking ceremony for the Platteville Business Incubator will be May 3.
5. The Vice Chancellor has set up a fund to support faculty and staff in writing grants over the summer. The criteria and guidelines will be distributed next week.
1. WCATY 2001--It was decided to continue to alternate between grade levels of 5-7 and 8-11 for this program.
2. Digital Camera Software--Lisa reminded everyone to make sure that Jim Wiese has an opportunity to burn a CD of all software for backup purposes.
3. College Program--This program will be offered to all faculty and staff on August 31, 2000. The title will be: Building A College Community. More details will follow.
4. Senior Exit Interview/Survey--Lisa requested that we add a line to the survey requesting starting salary information. She is interested in tracking a number of things; one of which is how does the starting salary of those people completing a co-op compare to those not completing a co-op. A discussion followed. The salary question will be added and the remainder of the survey questions will be the same as last year.
5. Rich queried the Executive Council for a response to UW System Legal Counsel questions pertaining to the reverse discrimination lawsuit. The College of EMS does have a mentoring program within the Women in Engineering program.
1. Rich informed everyone that the DIN accounts will be closed out by the end of the week. He also distributed a summary of DIN requests for 2000-01. A discussion followed.
2. Lisa asked if everyone was still interested in allotting a common senior design discussion time when speakers could be brought in for presentations. This is something that needs to be decided upon before the Spring 2001 schedule is complete.