Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, D. Ellestad, J. Krogman, J. Miller, S. Owusu, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
The minutes from March 20, 2000 were approved as distributed.
1. The Board of Regents presentation is coming together well. There will be a run through for the cabinet on April 25.
2. Rich reminded everyone that their assessment plans are due by April 15.
3. Jill announced that IE will be bringing in candidates on April 14, 17 and 19.
4. Dave announced that ESE will be bringing in candidates on April 14 and 17.
1. The UUCC proposal that was received from Duane Ford. John Krogman made a motion to agree with the proposal to reduce the number of credits from 60 to 32 to make it the same as the number of residency credits so that individuals can graduate from UW-P with honors. Dave Ellestad seconded the motion. Discussion was held. The motion carried unanimously. Joe Clifton will take some concerns regarding the wording to the committee meeting.
2. Lisa initiated a discussion regarding appropriate computer usage. It was decided that a letter would be drafted from the Dean to all EMS faculty reiterating that this type of activity is unacceptable and inappropriate and will not be tolerated. This issue will be discussed at a future meeting.
3. The ABET reports are being reviewed by Lisa. She is in the process of returning them to the departments and plans to have this done by Friday. In return, she asked that the chairs take time to review and provide her feedback on the College report.
4. Rich stated that the capital budget requests had been submitted and that the DIN requests were being considered. Rich will put together a preliminary DIN report to share with the Executive Council.
Meeting adjourned at 1:34 p.m.
Late note: Rich asked everyone to review their current budgets and project money needed to complete the year. He also requested that chairs provide him with an update regarding DIN purchases.