COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 3:00 p.m. - Ottensman 149
Members Present: J. Clifton, J. Krogman, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, L. Riedle, K. Rolle, R.
Shultz, R. Tufte, and P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
- Minutes of December 1, 1999, were approved as distributed.
- R. Shultz has finalized the trip to Frankfurt, Germany and Shannon, Ireland for
the cooperative design projects. D. Ellestad, K. Buttry, and R. Shultz will be
traveling from February 5-12, 2000. D. Wang and L. Lee are working on a
cooperative project with Taiwan.
- R. Shultz said he would be going to Neenah on Thursday to discuss the Fox
Valley Innovative with UW-Platteville, and to receive the needs assessment
report. He will know then if we will be moving forward to seek funds to do this.
- Executive Council members were asked to get their spring 2000 schedules in to
the Dean's Office as soon as possible.
- L. Riedle asked that when setting up the fall 2000 schedule for the senior design
classes to have a common time of 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. on Tuesdays. This allow for
- Discussion Topics
- R. Shultz reminded the faculty that Fall 2000 schedules are due to the Dean's
- L. Riedle resubmitted the ME 6800 - Introduction to Finite Element Method
course proposal for final approval from the faculty. A motion was made to
approve ME 6800 - Introduction to Finite Element Method as a web-base 6000
course and was seconded. Discussion followed. The motion passed.
- R. Shultz mentioned that he will let the Departments know when the summer
school class schedules are due to the Dean's Office. (Due to Registrar's Office by
January 12, 2000.)
- Other Business
There was none and no meeting until the next year, 2000.