COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 3:00 p.m. - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, J. Clifton, J. Clough, J. Miller, M. Muslu, S. Owusu-Ababio, K.
Rolle, T. Salmon, R. Shultz, and P. Young
Visitor Present: T. Salmon
- Minutes of November 10, 1999, were approved as distributed.
- J. Miller announced that there will be a joint reception for Phil and Carol Sands
on Wednesday, December 8 at 4:00 p.m., in the Atrium, Ullsvik Center. The
plaques will be presented at the College Christmas luncheon on Wednesday,
- M. Anderson announced that a reception will be held for Earl McCullough on
Thursday, December 9 at 4:00 p.m. in 149 Ottensman with plaques presented at
the College Christmas luncheon on Wednesday, December 8.
- R. Shultz mentioned that the John Deere Grant for $15,000 was approved for next
year. The deadline for proposals will be after the first of the year, and these
proposals should be dedicated to the purchase of equipment.
- R. Shultz said that new 1999/2000 faculty should be encouraged to attend the
Professional Development Seminar before the start of the spring semester. The
College will pay for their lunch.
- T. Salmon wanted to remind everyone of the Women in Engineering program on
Friday, November 19. There will be 80 people, students along with parents,
attending. She invited the Executive Council members to attend the luncheon
from 12:15 - 1:00 p.m. in the Le Café, Ullsvik Center.
- Discussion Topics
- The ABET Self-Studies for each major were passed out with exception of
mechanical engineering. Please go over each major checking out styles/formats.
Reports need to be consistent as in capitalizations. The Dean needs a list of any
data that you can not obtain. L. Riedle is working on Appendix II, and will have it
in draft form by December 1. One will be able to add supplements and update
materials to Self-Studies when ABET comes on-campus.
- P. Young presented the Engineering Physics Course Requirement proposal for
UUCC. A motion was made to approve the change of the specified ME elective
from ME3030/3040/3300 to ME3330/3830/4730 and seconded. Motion passed.
R. Shultz mentioned that unless something else comes up, there will not be an Executive
Council meeting next week.