UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMISSION
MINUTES - OCTOBER 13, 1999
Members Present: K. Bennett Allen, T. Burns, C. Collins, M. Compton, D. Klaassen, M. Muslu,
J. Thomas (Replacement for M. Shelstrom), D. VanBuren, S. Wills and
J. Wurtzler (Replacement for S. Riehl)
Visitors Present: P. Bromley, J. Clifton, D. Detloff, D. Ford, D. Hanten, W. Iselin,
and S. Standiford
- K. Bennett Allen served as Acting Chair in A. Bunte's absence.
- Minutes of September 15, 1999 were approved as distributed.
- C. Collins distributed a handout on the January 2000 Winterim course offerings. All
courses have been approved through the departments with the exception of History
1020. Approval is being sought for that course. PeopleSoft does not recognize courses
with no term "listed", but the problem should be resolved at a later date. Ads in the
local papers will be placed mid-November. It was suggested by M. Muslu that advisers
be informed of these offerings to disseminate the information to advisees during the
- No representative has been selected at this time for the Assessment Oversight
- Submission of New Programs and/or Courses
- Documents 99-05 through 99-07 and Document 99-19 from the Department of
Industrial Studies were reviewed as a package.
- Documents 99-08 through 99-18 were information items only.
- Documents 99-20 through 99-31 from the Departments of Computer Science and
Communication Technologies Management and Electrical and Software Engineering
were reviewed as a package.
- Document 99-32 from the School of Education and Health and Physical Education was
an information item only.
- Move to Consent
- Document 99-04 from the School of Agriculture and Departments of Biology and
Business and Accounting was removed from the Consent agenda. The document was
approved at the last meeting.
- Documents 99-01 through 99-03 were approved.
- Meeting adjourned at 4:35 p.m.
Karen Bennett Allen, Secretary