COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, AND SCIENCE
MINUTES - EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, April 28, 1998 - 3:00 p.m. - Ottensman 149
Members Present: M. Anderson, T. Ceylan, J. Krogman, J. Miller, M. Muslu, L. Riedle,
R. Shultz, F. Tufte, P. Young and J. Wilson
- Minutes of April 9 were approved as distributed.
- T. Ceylan reported that J. Mirth had participated in a six mile run in the Twin cities and
finished second in a field of 7-8 thousand runners.
- Discussion Topics
- The draft of Ottensman building hours from May 18 through September 1 was
reviewed. Hours were approved through August 31.
- Curriculum proposals from the Department of Electrical Engineering were reviewed
- Assessment surveys for the College were reviewed. Survey responses will be required
by the end of next year for the ABET visit. Surveys will be reviewed and updated the
beginning of the fall semseter, and then cleared through the Institutional Review Board
for Human Subjects Research. The Georgia Tech Self Study can be found on the Web
and may be a good source of information. J. Wilson would be willing to supply
information on the Project Management survey. No commitment has been made to a
college-wide survey; a connection to a specific department may result in a higher return
rate. The Dean's Office will review the Exit Surveys over the summer, and report back
in detail in the fall.
- Other Business
- T. Salmon has identified some issues that created an environment that was not
welcoming to female students in the classroom. How does the college educate faculty
and staff to this situation? Several suggestions were made. The Dean will discuss
these options with T. Salmon and report back.
- A general invitation will be sent to all faculty and staff to attend Executive Council