The College of EMS Center for Projects, Opportunities, Instruction, Networking and Teamwork (CenterPOINT) is a space designed to support your academic success. It's a great place to meet your classmates for group project meetings, study between classes, meet with a tutor or professor, find out about upcoming events and programs, and more. Stop in and take advantage of the great resources CenterPOINT has to offer.
- Comfortable tablet-arm study chairs
- Computer stations with standard engineering software and printer access
- Collaboration Station with large monitor for group computer work
- Movable tables for group or individual study
- Rolling whiteboards for brainstorming or problem-solving
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig brewing machine
- Charging station for electronic devices
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can assist with finding campus resources
- Items available to check-out including laptops, graphing calculators, protractors and compasses, phone chargers, and headphones
- Items for sale such as engineering paper, coffee, tea and hot chocolate
CenterPOINT is open six days a week and available on Saturdays by request. Student organizations or study groups who wish to use the space on Saturdays should complete the online reservation request form.
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: Reservations only
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Tutors and Pals
Tutors for both the Mathematics Learning Center and the Writing Center hold hours in CenterPOINT in addition to some Peer-Assisted Learners (PALs). CenterPOINT is a great location to meet with your individual tutor from University Tutoring Services or Student Support Services. If you need assistance in obtaining a tutor or would like to know the tutoring hours, contact CenterPOINT at 608.342.7342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Exploration and Professional Development Events
CenterPOINT collaborates with industry partners and sponsors to coordinate career exploration trips and workshops for students. These experiences are a great way to gain exposure to the working world and build a professional network.
CenterPOINT and its activities are supported by grant funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) STEM Talent Expansion Program (STEP) Grant #1161180.
Academic Support Programs
Career & Professional Development Office
Cooperative Education Program
Doyle Center for Gender and Sexuality
Living Learning Communities
Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
Services for Students with Disabilities
Student Support Services
Wright Center for Veteran and Non-traditional Students