The College of EMS Center for Projects, Opportunities, Instruction, Networking and Teamwork (CenterPOINT) is a space designed to support your academic success. It's a great place to meet your classmates for group project meetings, study between classes, meet with a tutor or professor, find out about upcoming events and programs, and more. Stop in and take advantage of the great resources CenterPOINT has to offer.
- Comfortable tablet-arm study chairs
- Computer stations with standard engineering software and printer access
- Collaboration Station with large monitor for group computer work
- Movable tables for group or individual study
- Rolling whiteboards for brainstorming or problem-solving
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig brewing machine
- Charging station for electronic devices
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can assist with finding campus resources
- Items available to check-out including laptops, graphing calculators, protractors and compasses, phone chargers, and headphones
- Items for sale such as engineering paper, coffee, tea and hot chocolate
CenterPOINT is open six days a week and available on Saturdays by request. Student organizations or study groups who wish to use the space on Saturdays should complete the online reservation request form.
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: Reservations only
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Tutors and Pals
Tutors for both the Mathematics Learning Center and the Writing Center hold hours in CenterPOINT in addition to some Peer-Assisted Learners (PALs). CenterPOINT is a great location to meet with your individual tutor from University Tutoring Services or Student Support Services. If you need assistance in obtaining a tutor or would like to know the tutoring hours, contact CenterPOINT at 608.342.7342 or email@example.com.
Career Exploration and Professional Development Events
CenterPOINT collaborates with industry partners and sponsors to coordinate career exploration trips and workshops for students. These experiences are a great way to gain exposure to the working world and build a professional network.
CenterPOINT and its activities are supported by grant funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) STEM Talent Expansion Program (STEP) Grant #1161180.