College of EMS Alumni Chapter
Outstanding Alumni Awards
To recognize alumni of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville College of Engineering, Mathematics & Science who have demonstrated excellence in professional and/or humanitarian endeavors. Outstanding alumni come from many backgrounds and represent a variety of attributes; therefore, success is recognized in areas including, but not exclusive to, career achievement, patents, leadership, community service, UW-Platteville involvement, diversity initiatives, education, research and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Awards will be presented at the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science Annual Graduating Senior and Alumni Recognition Dinner. Recipients will be acknowledged in the Homecoming invitation in the fall Alumni Today, along with various other Homecoming marketing venues. A letter from the EMS Alumni Chapter will be mailed to the recipient and the nominator. The recipient and nominator will be guests of the EMS Alumni Chapter at the dinner. The nominator and recipient will have the opportunity to present up to a 5-minute speech at the dinner.
- Each recipient will receive an engraved commemorative award and his/her name will be placed on the legacy plaque that is located in Ottensman Hall.
- Award recipients will be determined each year by a committee of the EMS Alumni Board. The number of awards presented each year may vary based on the nominee pool. It is not required that an award be presented each year.
- Alumni may be nominated by a:
- UWP alumnus;
- UWP faculty or staff member;
- UWP student organization/member;
- An employer; or
- An acquaintance.
- Nominations will remain active for 2 years beyond the original nomination for a total of 3 years of eligibility.
- Self-nominations and nominations of previous recipients shall not be allowed.
Names of potential nominees must be submitted to the UW-Platteville Alumni Office by March 15 of each year. A completed Nomination Form must be submitted to the Alumni Office no later than May 1. The Nomination Form can be accessed by following the link:
- Solicitation of nominations begins in January.
- Names of potential nominees should be submitted to the UW-Platteville Alumni Office by March 15
- Completed Nomination Forms are must be submitted to the Alumni Office by May 1.
- The EMS Alumni Chapter Board Awards & Honors Committee will make a recommendation to the EMS Alumni Board, and the Alumni Board will approve award recipients by June 30.
- The UW-Platteville Alumni Office will contact recipients and nominators in July. The Alumni Office will complete arrangements for the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science Annual Graduating Senior and Alumni Recognition Dinner with recipients and nominators.
- Alumni Today magazine
- Geode magazine
- EMS Chapter webpage
- Email to alumni
- Email to Current EMS faculty, staff, and student organizations
- Award information placed in folders of presenters at Career Days in fall and spring
- Letters to Supporting Member Firms
- UWP Public Relations Office