College of EMS Alumni Chapter
Emeriti Honoree Program
To recognize outstanding Emeriti Faculty from the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science.
- Awards will be presented at the annual Homecoming Fish Fry and recipients will be acknowledged on the Homecoming Fish Fry invitation. A letter from the EMS Alumni Chapter will be mailed to the recipient and the nominator.
- Each recipient will receive an engraved plaque and their name will be placed on the legacy plaque that is located in Ottensman Hall.
- The legacy plaque wording will read, “The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Engineering, Mathematics and Science Alumni Chapter has selected these honorees for exemplary teaching, professional development, university service or community service.”
- The number of awards given per year is not restricted; more than one exceptional nominee may receive this honor each year.
- Emeriti Faculty may be nominated by UWP:
- Students/Student Organization; or
- Nominations may be carried over for 2 more years after the initial nomination year resulting in a total of 3 years.
- Self-nominations and nominations of previous recipients shall not be allowed.
- The nominees must have obtained Emeriti status from UW-Platteville. A list of possible emeriti faculty is available on the EMS Chapter web page.
- The nominee must have exhibited exemplary teaching, professional development, university service or community service.
- A completed nomination form must be submitted.
- Solicitation of nominations begins in February.
- Nominations are due May 1 to the UWP Alumni Office.
- The College of EMS Honors and Awards Committee will make the Recommendation/Selection by June 30.
- The College of EMS Alumni Chapter Board will approve award recipient(s) by July 31.
- Alumni Today (April 15, August 15, January 15)
- Geode (May)
- Chapter web page
- Email to alumni
- Current EMS faculty members
- EMS Student Organizations
- UWP Public Relations Office