This pane clears float!
Description & Resources
The College of EMS Center for Projects, Opportunities, Instruction, Networking and Teamwork (CenterPOINT) is a space designed to support your academic success. It's a great place to meet your classmates for group project meetings, to study in between classes, to meet with a tutor or professor, to find out about upcoming programs and events, and more! Stop in today and take advantage of some of the great resources CenterPOINT has to offer, including:
- Comfortable tablet-arm study chairs
- Computer stations with standard engineering software and printer access
- Collaboration Station with large monitor for group computer work - New for Fall 2014!
- Movable tables for group or individual study
- Rolling whiteboards for brainstorm sessions or problem-solving
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig brewing machine
- Charging station for electronic devices
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can assist with finding campus resources
Items available for check-out, including:
- Laptops - New for Fall 2014!
- Graphing calculators
- Protractors & Compasses
- Phone chargers
- Items for sale, including engineering paper and coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
The CenterPOINT is open six days per week and is available on Saturdays by request. Student organizations or study groups wishing to use the space on Saturdays should complete the online Reservation Request Form.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: By reservation
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Tutors from both the Math Learning Center and the Writing Center hold hours in CenterPOINT. In addition, some Peer-Assisted Learners (PALs) hold hours in CenterPOINT. The Fall 2014 Tutor and PAL schedule is to be determined and will be posted here when available.
Research & Travel Grants
For undergraduate students in the College of EMS who are conducting independent research or are interested in traveling to professional conferences, CenterPOINT offers grant funds to assist with expenses. Learn more.
Career Exploration Events
CenterPOINT collaborates with industry partners and sponsors to coordinate career exploration trips and workshops for students. These experiences are a great way to gain exposure to the working world and build a professional network. Learn more.
The EMS CenterPOINT and its activities are supported by grant funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) STEM Talent Expansion Program (STEP) Grant #1161180.
This pane clears float!