LRRC Responsibilities and Membership
The Legislative and Regents Relations Committee was established as a university-level committee for the purpose of fostering active and open communication between the UWP campus community and its representatives in the state legislature, as well as with the UW System Board of Regents.
- Advocates on behalf of the university on legislative issues and on policies set by the Board of Regents. The committee will coordinate these efforts with the appropriate administrative offices and governance groups.
- Assists the legislative liaison in coordinating events and activities with other campus legislative groups.
- Gathers information about pertinent legislative issues and Board of Regents policies and disseminates this information to the appropriate members of the campus community.
- Encourages awareness and involvement of students, faculty, and staff in elections, including registration efforts, “get-out-the-vote” campaigns, and attendance at campus meetings and forums for candidates.
- Minimum of three faculty members, with at least one representative from each college.
- Minimum of three academic staff members.
- Minimum of three students, at least one of whom must be a member of the Student Senate Legislative Affairs Committee.
- Campus Legislative Liasion