UW-Platteville Mission Statement, Administration, Board of Regents, Orgainizational Charts, and Sources of Information at UW-Platteville
Faculty and Academic Staff Responsibilities, Faculty and Academic Staff Privileges, Policy Statements
Calendars, Committee Structure
Academic Staff Constitution, Academic Staff Bylaws, Faculty Senate Constitution, Faculty Senate Bylaws
Wisconsin Administrative Codes
Article I: Committee for Elections and Appointments
It is the responsibility of the Committee for Elections and Appointments to coordinate the election or appointment of academic staff members to the following bodies:
- Academic Staff Senate
- Standing bodies of the Academic Staff Senate
- Ad hoc committees established by the Academic Staff Senate
- Faculty Senate (see Part III of the Academic Staff Bylaws)
- University and faculty governance committees that include academic staff representatives
Within this charge, specific duties are:
- To develop and recommend to the Academic Staff Senate the procedures utilized for all elections and appointments within the academic staff.
- To consult with the Director of Human Resources and the Academic Staff Senate to maintain an accurate listing of all academic staff and to differentiate those eligible to vote in elections and to identify those eligible to hold seats on the Senate or its bodies. Note: Please refer to Part I, Article II of these Bylaws.
- To hear any charges of election irregularities and to forward its findings to the Academic Staff Senate with a recommendation.
- To publicize to the members of the academic staff the opportunities for election to the Academic Staff Senate and for service on the other bodies listed above, to promote participation by the members of the academic staff in their governance system, to fill vacancies within the academic staff governance system, and to prepare the ballots for elections.
- To submit a report to the Senate on a semester basis concerning the activities of the Elections and Appointments Committee. The Elections and Appointments Committee shall present an Annual Report to the Academic Senate at the senate's last meeting in May.
- Changes in office names and titles, including changes to punctuation and spelling, appearing anywhere in the Academic Staff Bylaws will be corrected and updated as needed by the Academic Staff Committee for Elections and Appointments. These changes must be submitted to the Academic Staff Senate, which may approve or reject the recommended changes. Approved changes of this type will automatically update the Academic Staff Bylaws without amendment. Note: The power to make and approve these kinds of changes does not include the power to change the makeup of the Academic Staff service areas in Part I, Article I of these bylaws. Those changes require a vote of the academic staff as a whole.
The membership of this committee shall consist of four at-large members of the academic staff and one representative from the Academic Staff Senate. The Academic Senate representative is a voting member of this committee.