The Master of Science in Education degree program helps already licensed teachers continue their development in the areas of research, instruction and leadership. The MSE program is a 30 credit program with a 9-credit core and 21-credits of electives that are chosen with the graduate advisor and the graduate candidate. The MSE program may lead to either licensure in an endorsement area such as: Reading Teacher, Reading Specialist, Cross-Categorical Special Education, English Language Learner.
- Can graduate in two years
- Entire program is 30 credits
- User-friendly, hybrid courses meeting at night, weekends and during the summer
- Graduate students completing licensure can combine this program with their current program
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Become reflective practitioners, change agents, and leaders
- Utilize experiences and relevant research to enhance their future professional growth
- Apply relevant theory, philosophy, historical and social science perspectives, research, and best practices to their profession. Demonstrate growth in knowledge of content and developmentally appropriate pedagogy
- Serve as resource to, and collaborate with others in the profession and community
Required Core Courses (9 credits)
- TEACHING 7000 - Research Procedures in Education
- TEACHING 7190 - Educational Leadership and Mentoring
- TEACHING 7990 - Thesis Research OR
- TEACHING 7830 - Seminar Paper or Educational Project
We are proud to offer a variety of certification opportunities for teachers who are seeking to add additional licensure areas to their present licenses.