Early Adolescence – Adolescence (10-21)
This option focuses on education at the middle and secondary levels and is designed for those who wish to teach students in the age range of 10–21. Students must complete the general education, teaching courses and completion of a comprehensive major or a major and minor.
Major and Minors
- Social science comprehensive/history emphasis major
- Social science comprehensive minor
- Math major and minor
- History major and minor
- Environmental science minor
- English major and minor
- Chemistry major and minor
- Broadfield science major
Biology major and minor
- Additional licensure areas within social science/history major: economics, geography, political science, psychology and sociology
- Special education/inclusion minor
- TESOL/Teaching English as second or other language
Below is a course checklit for general education and teaching course requirements. Students need to complete the course requirements of the major and/or minor of their choice.