NUFS Nagasaki, Japan
UW-Platteville Education Abroad has been helping students from across the United States study at the Nagasaki University of Foreign Studies (NUFS) since 1995. Since then, students from more than 80 universities nationwide have chosen to study abroad in Nagasaki, Japan through UW-Platteville Education Abroad. Today, students can study at NUFS for:
- an academic year
- a fall semester (early assessment)
- a fall semester (full term)
- a spring semester
- a calendar year
NUFS was founded in 1947 and is fully accredited by the Japanese Ministry of Education. With a total enrollment of about 800 students, international students from around the world account for nearly 40 percent of the student population, bringing a unique international perspective to NUFS. Areas of study include:
- Business, Economics, and Management: Business, Management
- Education: Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Cultural Studies and Language: Japanese Culture, Japanese Language and Literature
- Service Learning and Internships: Nagasaki Fieldwork, Independent Study
- Social Sciences: Current Events, History, Peace Studies
- Visual and Performing Arts: Traditional Japanese Arts, Martial Arts
The current NUFS campus, built in 1996, is located on the northern border of Nagasaki City and its suburb of Togitsu. Nagasaki, a city of about 500,000 people on the western island of Kyushu, is built around a natural harbor and climbs up the surrounding steep hills. The city boasts spectacular views and proximity to natural sights such as its rugged coastline, beaches, islands, volcanic mountains, and a national park.
To learn more about the Nagasaki University of Foreign Studies, visit their website: http://www.nagasaki-gaigo.ac.jp/english
Study abroad in Japan through UW-Platteville Education Abroad—If not now, when?
Your Japanese adventure awaits you!