Eligibility requirements can vary by program, therefore students should confirm the program's specific eligibility requirements with the program provider. However, in general, UW-Platteville students must:
- be degree-seeking students currently enrolled at UW-Platteville.
- have completed at least one full-time semester of college at the time of application and have at least sophomore standing (24 credits completed) at the time of participation.
- have at least a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and participation.
- complete all of the necessary application requirements by the application deadline.
Student should also note that most programs offer courses taught in English, so most programs do not require foreign language proficiency. However, programs offering foreign language coursework may require language proficiency for enrollment.
Additional application requirements will vary by program, but the following must be submitted via the UW-Platteville Education Abroad online application system for all programs:
- $50 Application Fee
- Copy of US Passport (*Students who do not currently hold a US Passport must apply for one and submit proof of application before the program application deadline)
- Education Abroad Statement of Purpose
- International Study Course Approval Form
- Official Academic Transcript
- Signed Statements of Responsibility and Understanding
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- UW-Platteville Education Abroad Application
Applicants will also have access to information to assist them throughout the application process. Upon acceptance, additional pre-departure information and requirements will be applicable.