Education Abroad for Business and Accounting
This pane clears float!
Why study business administration and accounting abroad?
While the term “globalized world” is often tossed around, if there is one field where it truly applies, it is in business. An increasing number of companies, from small local businesses to large corporations, have international interests and are looking for employees with the ability to work cross-culturally. Participating on an education abroad program as part of a UW-Platteville business administration or accounting degree gives students the opportunity to network with other business students from around the world, discover internship and work opportunities, and broaden their perspective.
Upon graduation, having international experience on a resume can also help distinguish applicants in the competitive job market. It can help demonstrate a global perspective of the field and real-world issues, flexibility and adaptability, and knowledge of and openness to other cultures.
WHERE BUSINESS administration and accounting MAJORS HAVE RECENTLY STUDIED
- American University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- Anglo-American University, Prague, Czech Republic
- CEA Center, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- China Short Study Tour, Multi-City, China
- GlobaLinks Internship, New Zealand
- History of Science and Technology, Multi-City, Europe
- IPAG Business School, Nice, France
- National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Schiller International University, Heidelberg, Germany
- Spanish-American Institute of International Education, Seville, Spain
- St. Mary's University, London, England
- University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
- University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji
- Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Zwolle, Netherlands
- Wisconsin in Scotland, Dalkeith, Scotland
Programs Recommended by the School of Business
The School of Business has not identified any recommended programs for their students. Students can ask their academic advisors if they have any recommended programs and/or courses based on their personal or other advisees' experiences abroad.
CONTACT EDUCATION ABROAD ALUMNI
Interested in hearing from other business administration and accounting students who have studied abroad? The following education abroad alumni are interested in connecting with prospective participants and may be contacted with questions and for more information about their experiences abroad.
|Name||Program||Major, Minior||Term Abroad|
|Karissa Kieler||CEA Center, Buenos Aires, Argentina||Business Administration||Fall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ryan Kollath||Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Zwolle, Netherlands||Business Administration||Spring email@example.com|
|Sean Lull||University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji||Business Administration, Spanish||Fall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ashley Zastrow||China Short Study Tour, Multi-City, China||Business Administration||Spring Break email@example.com|
This pane clears float!